NTA Board Meeting Summary 2017
Some items in this section require AdobeReader. If your computer doesn't have Adobe installed, get it free at the link below.
Copyright© 2012-17 National Trappers Association, Inc.
NTA Reports & Documents
Reports & Documents Navigation
The following information has been prepared for the use of the NTA board members
when giving reports to state associations. These ARE NOT the official minutes which
will be mailed to you this fall. If you need copies of the information which was
distributed at the meeting, please contact NTA headquarters. Every effort has been
made to be accurate but it is possible that there are errors.
1. NTA President Chris McAllister welcomed everyone to the meeting and to
Rockford, Illinois, and Pecataconia, Illinois, where the fairgrounds is located.
2. Kent Weil, NTA Director from the Illinois Trappers Association, welcomed
3. President McAllister reminded everyone to review the information in the annual
report and to share information within their states and regions. Thirty-nine voting
members were present for all or part of the board meeting. Other NTA members
attended as observers.
4. Current staff members in Bedford are: Brooke Norton, Office Manager and Finance
Secretary; Rebecca McIntosh, Membership Secretary; Amber Limones, Office
Assistant. Contractors include Rich Faler, Editor; Tamara Masterson, Convention
Coordinator; DNIA, Dave and Karen Linkhart. Attorney Gary Leistico and
Parliamentarian Jeanette Williams provided on-site support.
5. Financial information was presented by the Finance Committee Chairman Charlie
Rath. The 2018 budget was adopted.
6. The following were elected:
a. Board Rep to Executive Council - Brian Cogill
b. Director-At-Large - Matt Lumley and Russ Voelker
c. Regional Director - Southeast - Toby Hutchinson
7. The list of 2017-2018 standing committee members is available from NTA.
8. John Daniel, FBU representative, presented a report on FBU activities.
9. Rick Schoonover, FTA representative to the board, presented information about
10. Gary Leistico, NTA attorney, provided information and updates about the
lawsuits in Montana, Maine, Minnesota, and Idaho.
11. Several state affiliates shared information about trapping, state issues, and affiliate
12. The following presented reports:
a. Tom Krause presented an update on ISO
b. Evan Heusinkveld, President & CEO of the Sportsmens Alliance
c. Joel Hodgdon, Central Midwestern States Coordinator of Congressional
Sportsmen's Foundation [sportsmenslink.org]
d. Tim Hiller, Certified Wildlife Biologist of the Wildlife Ecology Institute
13. The nominating procedure was amended to ensure that in the case of an
unopposed election for NTA officers, the candidate information and a photograph
will be published in the American Trapper. Procedures in the case of a contested
were not changed.
14. The 2018 convention will be held in Escanaba, Michigan, on July 26 - 29, 2018.