The following information has been prepared for the use of the NTA board members when giving reports to state associations. These ARE NOT the official minutes which be mailed to you this fall. If you need copies of the information which was distributed at the meeting, please contact NTA headquarters. Every effort has been made to be accurate but it is possible that there are errors.
1. NTA President Chris McAllister welcomed everyone to the meeting and to
Hamburg, New York. Wayne Jones, Vice President of the New York State Trappers Association, welcomed everyone.
2. President McAllister reminded everyone to review the information in the annual report and to share information within their states and regions. Thirty-nine voting
members were present for all or part of the board meeting. Other NTA members
attended as observers.
3. Current staff members in Bedford are: Greg Page, Office Manager; Brooke Norton, Finance Secretary; Rebecca McIntosh Membership Secretary; Amber Limones, Office Assistant.
4. Financial information was presented by the Finance Committee Chairman Charlie Rath. The 2016 budget was adopted.
5. The policy adopted by the EC in 2014 that “all demos will be members-only” was rescinded.
6. The following were elected:
a. Board Rep to Executive Council - Dan Eaton
b. Directors-At-Large - Bill Rudy and Stan Berkbuegler
c. Regional Director - Midwest - Ken Stewart
d. Regional Director - Northeast - Brian Cogill
e. Regional Director - Southeast - Rusty Johnson
f. Regional Director - Southwest - Russ Voelker
7. Standing and special committee members were selected and a list will be included in the next board of directors mailing.
8. FBU President Dan Eaton presented a report on FBU activities.
9. Dave Hastings, FTA president, and Rick Schoonover, FTA representative to the board, presented information about FTA.
10. Matt Lumley, Regional Director of Big Game forever, gave a report.
11. Chris McAllister presented a brief overview of the lawsuits in Montana, Idaho, and Maine.
12. Several state affiliates shared information about trapping, state issues, and affiliate activities.
13. Brent Miller, Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation Northeaster Sates Director, presented a report.
14. There was general discussion about gate fees and members-only demos.
15. The 2016 national convention will be Kalamazoo, Michigan. The 2017 national convention will be held in Illinois, pending successful negotiations.