Protecting Wild Things and Wild Places
Copyright© -2012-14 National Trappers Association, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Website by Hawk Mountain
NTA Director: Eric 'Chip' Ayers
New Regulations in Effect
1. Bobcat do not have to be field tagged.
2. Body gripping traps up to 5"x5" are permitted on land.
3. All types of water traps are now legal for March beaver trapping.
4. The measurement of trap jaw spread has been standardized in the regulations.
5. Encapsulating traps have been defined in the regulations.
6. White lights are now legal for night hunting of fox and coyote.
West Virginia Wildlife magazine is published quarterly by the Division of Natural Resources
Issues include hunting and fishing, children's activities, wildlife diversity, law enforcement and more.
Click for free subscription information.
WVTA Event Dates
January 9-11, 2015: Fur Auction
March 6-8, 2015: Fur Auction
September 18-19, 2015: Annual Convention